Pills and supplements aren’t your only option when it comes to suppressing your appetite. There are many foods which have appetite suppressing properties and once you know which foods have this bonus you can start incorporating them into your diet and be on your way towards managing your weight. Here is a list of natural appetite suppressant foods that will work wonders in moving you towards your weight loss goal:
- Dark chocolate: a dark chocolate bar made of 70 percent cocoa is a good natural appetite suppressant. Its bittersweet taste can signal your body to reduce its cravings for other foods. Dark chocolate also contains steric acid which can work to slow down digestion. This means that you will end up feeling full longer than normal and therefore reduce your cravings to eat more food.
- Fiber-rich foods: fiber is an excellent appetite suppressant. It curbs your appetite simply because it is not digested quickly. It makes you feel full longer and quicker. Fiber-rich foods to consider adding to your diet are fruits, vegetables, seeds, nuts, and whole grains.
- Protein-rich foods: just as with fiber, protein can be the best appetite suppressant as it can make you feel full longer, too. Some protein-rich foods you may want to add to your diet include nuts, tuna, and lean meats.
- Chili peppers and hot sauces: these condiments contain capsaicin, a substance that can lower the hunger-inducing hormones in the body. This substance can also increase the appetite suppressing hormones. Pile these condiments onto some of the other appetite suppressing foods in this article and you’ll pack a double appetite suppression punch.
- Potatoes: these tubers contain a special starch that can make you forget the feelings of being hungry for a long time. However, make sure you munch on healthy potato dishes such as boiled or baked potatoes and not French fries and potato chips.
Besides the foods listed above there are many more foods that you can trust to effectively suppress your appetite. Once you start incorporating these foods into your diet you’ll be on your way to a successful goal of shredding some pounds.