This pesto is a delicious way to use up all the inner leaves and stalks in a head of celery. Try it, I promise you’ll be pleasantly surprised.
Pulse the following ingredients in a food processor or blender until just short of being a puree:
- 1 cup celery leaves & tender inner stalks
- 1 cup green onion, white & green parts
- 2 cups parsley
- 1/2 cup roasted garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Drizzle extra-virgin olive oil in slow stream just until mixture holds together.
Use pesto to make:
- Sandwich spread in place of mayo.
- Milder sandwich spread: mix pesto and mayo.
- Spoon over fish, chicken, steak, pork, or turkey.
- Salad Dressing: mix pesto and mayo, add a little fresh lemon juice, thin with buttermilk. Taste and add sea salt and/or black pepper to taste.
- Pasta Sauce: mix pesto and extra-virgin olive oil. Taste and add sea salt and/or black pepper to taste.
- Garden Fresh Tomato Soup: mix a little pesto into Tomato Soup.