These tacos are VERY spicy. You can scroll to the end of the recipe for a less spicy version.
Chop 1 large onion. Sprinkle with sea salt and set aside in a colander for at least fifteen minutes. Rinse with water and pat dry. This process removes some of the bite from raw onions.
Cut 3 avocado into chunks. Place in bowl of food processor. Pour 1/4 cup lemon juice over avocado.
Add to processor bowl:
- chopped, onion
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley or cilantro, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 to 3 chopped jalapenos, seeds & membranes removed or Anaheim chilies
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, soaked and chopped
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
and process untill smooth.
Spoon some of the mixture into a lettuce leaf and wrap the leaf around the filling. Or you can use a lettuce such as Boston that forms it’s own cup.
The onion makes this dish VERY spicy. You can use zucchini in place of the onion. You’ll still want to salt it first to remove some of the water.