Below is an excerpt from my book, 14 Days ~ 14 Pounds: Low Carb Daily Plan with 140 Quick & Easy Recipes (Low Carb Daily Plan – High Protein: Menus with Recipes). You’ll notice that some items don’t conform to traditional low-carb choices, in the book I share the low-carb hacks for those.
You’re committed to eating healthy, but sometimes the effort to plan, shop, prepare, and clean up can be enough to send you screaming to the drive-thru with the golden arches. Sound familiar? To give you the motivation to continue your healthy journey I wanted to share with you all some of my quick to make and even quicker to clean up three ingredient meals. I realize that none of these are particularly innovative. However, I find it helps to have a bunch of ideas all in one place that I can go to when I need them.
1. Peanut butter + banana + whole wheat bread or crackers.
2. Boxed soup + leftover cooked veggies+ whole grains or pasta.
3. Sweet potato wedges + olive oil + sea salt.
4. Pasta + pesto + veggies
5. Pasta + parmesan + extra-virgin olive oil.
6. Steak or chicken or pork or turkey or ham + veggies + pesto.
7. Eggs + tomatoes + pesto.
8. Eggs + salsa + shredded cheese.
9. Whole wheat tortilla + veggies and/or shredded lettuce + hummus or cream cheese or shredded cheese.
10. Whole wheat pita + hummus + cucumbers or tomatoes.
11. Hot dog + mustard or ketchup + large lettuce leaf.
12. Frozen veggie burger + pasta sauce + cheese.
13. Frozen whole grain waffle or pancake + chopped fruit + maple syrup.
14. Celery stick, radish, tomato, or cucumber + cream cheese + chopped herbs.
15. Frozen whole grain mac ‘n cheese + frozen chopped spinach + thinly sliced green onion.
Eat healthy, enjoy your life!