You’re committed to eating healthy, but sometimes the effort to plan, shop, prepare, and clean up can be enough to send you screaming to the drive thru with the golden arches. Sound familiar? To give you the motivation to continue your healthy journey I wanted to share with you all some of my quick to make and even quicker to clean up three ingredient meals. I realize that none of these are particularly innovative. However, I find it helps to have a bunch of ideas all in one place that I can go to when I need them.
Below is an excerpt from my book, 14 Days ~ 14 Pounds: Low Carb Daily Plan with 140 Quick & Easy Recipes (Low Carb Daily Plan – High Protein: Menus with Recipes). You’ll notice that some items don’t seem like low-carb choices, in the book I share the low-carb hacks for those.
1. Peanut butter + banana + whole wheat bread or crackers.
2. Boxed soup + leftover cooked veggies+ whole grains or pasta.
3. Sweet potato wedges + olive oil + sea salt.
4. Pasta + pesto + veggies
5. Pasta + parmesan + extra-virgin olive oil.
6. Steak or chicken or pork or turkey or ham + veggies + pesto.
7. Eggs + tomatoes + pesto.
8. Eggs + salsa + shredded cheese.
9. Whole wheat tortilla + veggies and/or shredded lettuce + hummus or cream cheese or shredded cheese.
10. Whole wheat pita + hummus + cucumbers or tomatoes.
11. Hot dog + mustard or ketchup + large lettuce leaf.
12. Frozen veggie burger + pasta sauce + cheese.
13. Frozen whole grain waffle or pancake + chopped fruit + maple syrup.
14. Celery stick, radish, tomato, or cucumber + cream cheese + chopped herbs.
15. Frozen whole grain mac ‘n cheese + frozen chopped spinach + thinly sliced green onion.
Eat healthy, enjoy your life!