I prefer to use pre-cooked frozen shrimp for my salads as it saves time and is less expensive than canned shrimp. If using frozen shrimp #. If using canned shrimp you’ll need 4 (4 ½ ounce) cans extra small shrimp.
- 2 cups (23 ounces) frozen, pre-cooked, extra-small shrimp
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
- 1 (5-inch) stalk celery, chopped
- 1 chopped green onion, both green and white portion
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
Toss all ingredients together. Taste and adjust seasoning, adding more mayo if needed. You can do this in the morning for a packed lunch.
Freebie: Shrimp dressed with oil, salt, and pepper. If you’re doing the Freebie and have flavored oil such as garlic olive oil, do it that way.
Variation: Substitute 2 cups cooked chopped chicken, flaked tuna, flaked salmon, or cooked chopped scallops for the shrimp. Use any fresh herb that you like such as dill, basil, cilantro, or sage.