Serve up these after-school snacks and your kids will be running home from school to snap them up!
Serve any of the following as dippers:
- whole wheat pita bread
- pita chips
- whole wheat tortilla chips
- corn tortilla chips
In the morning line the bottom of a square cake pan with graham crackers. Cover with any flavor sugar-free pudding, then a layer of graham crackers, then pudding until the pan is filled, ending with a layer of pudding. By the time the kids come home you’ll have a delicious cake for them to snack on. And it doesn’t need to be frosted!
Bagels or English Muffins
- soy cream cheese
- peanut butter
- jam, sugar free
- cooked pureed Fruit
- mashed bananas mixed with an UnDiet sweetener
- butter and/or honey, sprinkled with cinnamon
Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
The quickest way to make this sandwich is to melt butter in a pan over medium heat. Place bread slice(s) in pan, top with nondairy cheese, then second bread slice. Add more butter if necessary when turning to brown other side.
Add one of the following between the bread slices:
- sliced apple
- sliced pear
- sliced tomato
- frozen, thawed & squeezed dry spinach
- steamed cauliflower, chopped
Pigs in a Blanket
Wrap whole wheat dough* around soy “hot dogs”. Bake according to dough instructions. You could also place some nondairy cheese between the biscuit and dog before rolling.
* Trader Joes and many other markets carry whole wheat pizza and bread dough that work nicely for this recipe.
Ready To Eat
- dry breakfast cereal
- whole grain, sugar free breakfast cereal dry or with nondairy milk