Redefine what a snack means to you. A snack is something that satisfies that “I just need a little something” voice inside. It could be as unimaginative as raw veggie sticks or traveling a few rungs up the indulgence ladder to a mix of dried fruit with or with nuts and seeds.
Try to make your snacks something that will really give you a weight loss boost rather than something that’s high fat, high calorie, or on the UnDiet borderline.
To that end here are some things you can pick up at pretty much any grocery store that are a good idea to have on hand for the next time a snack attack hits.
- veggie sticks
- whole grain cereal
- whole wheat pretzels
- whole wheat toast with peanut butter
- Laughing Cow Cheese wedges to spread on apple slices, protein bread, celery sticks …
- boxed soups
- mini whole wheat pita stuffed with chopped salad
- refined sugar free yogurt
- spread a little mustard on thinly sliced turkey, ham, corned beef, pastrami, roast beef … roll and eat
- dill pickles
- pickled vegetables
- whole grain crackers
- Amy’s Organics crackers
- Amy’s Organics cookies
- roasted plantain chips
- dried kale
- hard boiled egg