The recipe for this soup comes from Epicurious.com. You’ll also find many other versions of cucumber soup from Chilled Mango & Cucumber to Smoked Salmon and Dill at Epicurious. This recipe makes about 4 1/2 cups. It can be prepared in 45 minutes or less but requires additional unattended time.
In a blender puree
- 3 cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2/3 cup sour cream or yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon English-style dry mustard, or to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
Transfer to a container with a lid. Chill soup at least 6 hours or overnight.
Stir in 1 cup peeled, seeded, and finely diced cucumber.
- Substitute fresh dill for the mint.
- Garnish with shredded salmon, lobster or crab.
- Garnish with lemon zest.
- Garnish with chopped capers.
- Garnish with chopped hard-boiled egg.