Paska with Fresh Berries
Process in blender until smooth:
- 1-1/2 cups lowfat cottage cheese
- 2 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup carb free sweetener such as Splenda Granulated Sweetener or 16 packets Spenda or Truvia
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Spoon cottage cheese mixture into a cheesecloth lined colander. Place this assembly over another container to catch the liquid that will drain off from the paska. Refrigerate overnight. The paska can be made several days in advance. It will get firmer the longer you allow it to drain.
Gently toss the ingredients below and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen boysenberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries, quartered
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 2 tablespoons unrefined sugar
Place a scoop of the paska in the middle of a bowl and circle it with the berries and their juices. You can either serve this on a big platter or make individual paskas with berries.